The proper hygiene of the bathroom is a must in every household. Kitchens should be clean, too, but they get easily messy, because of all the cooking and eating.
The good news is that you can keep your bathroom clean all the time, and you can use the help of others.
The bathroom is always considered to be the dirtiest part of the house, and you feel like you have to scrub and scrub with all sorts of chemicals to destroy all the germs and bacteria. But the truth is that every bathroom can stay crispy clean if everyone cleans up after themselves and when it comes to the spring cleaning we’ve got just the perfect solution for you.
What is in your bathroom cleaning product?
Bathroom products can be full of harmful chemicals, bleach is hard on growing lungs, and is worst, especially for the kids.
The chlorine included in the bleach if combined with any kind of acid, forms a toxic gas. It damages skin and any other organic material it comes in contact with.
They contain 10-50% hydrochloric acid or the acid that is in your stomach. It is associated with kidney damage and irritation of the respiratory tract when inhaled.
Some products contain fragrances that trigger allergic reactions, headache, and irritate lungs. Be aware of any hormone disruptors.
Use natural products
After extensive digging around we’ve found the perfect natural solution for your toilet woes, and after trying this we promise you’ll dump all your chemical cleaners in the garbage!
Here’s what you need:
– ½ cup citric acid
– ½ cup cornstarch
– ½ cup baking soda
– 25 drops essential oils – your choice (but we recommend lemon or orange for its cleaning properties, plus two others for nice-smelling purposes)
You will also need a spray bottle, a gallon size zip-top bag, molds or muffin tins, and a giant Ziploc baggie.
– Put your ingredients in the bag and shake very well, however, don’t include the essential oil just yet.
– After shaking the bag well open it and add about 2-3 spritzes of water from your spray bottle. You should then close the bag and have it knead.
– You can repeat step 2 about 5-7 more times, note if your bag should get puffy, let out the air, this is caused by the mixture of the baking soda and citric acid.
– The mixture should eventually feel sort of like pie dough, so just pick a handful and squeeze. Make sure you do not use too much water.
– Add the oils in and re-knead the content.
– Pack firmly into your molds very, very firmly. You should use a second muffin tin to press them down.
– After two days, remove them from the molds and put them to dry on some higher place for a couple more days.
Then, place them in a sealed container.
Using these is easy. Just drop one of the ‘bombs’ into your toilet, and watch it fizz. You can use a scrubby brush to clean off anything else and then flush. Good for you, good for the environment.