Baking soda is known as a very powerful remedy and it’s also very cheap. It can be used from fighting colds to even curing cancer. You can also use it for oral hygiene, deodorants, etc.
Baking soda is an ingredient that must be a part of your homemade pharmacy. Some of its health benefits include diarrhea prevention, acidity, drug intoxication, metabolic acidosis and peptic ulcer. Baking soda has many antipruritic properties and keeps your skin healthy and glowing.
Baking soda contains sodium and can prevent hyperkalemia, kidney stones and infections of the bladder.
Here is how to use this powerful baking soda:
- Drink baking soda to ease pain in the muscles after a hard workout.
- Apply some baking soda on a nail brush and scrub your nails in order to destroy nail fungus and eliminate grime.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, peppermint essential oil and a small amount of water. Soak them for nearly 20 minutes and the itching, odor and soreness will be relieved.
- To refresh your breath, gargle a little bit of baking soda.
- Use baking soda to brush your teeth. Add some on your toothbrush and you will get the best way to whiten teeth.
- Reduce acne, dead skin and excess facial oil by using a scrub made of baking soda. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of water and then rub your face. You can also relieve insect bites, bee stings, itching from sumac, oak and poison ivy. Mix baking soda and water, which is an excellent paste for stings. Prepare a paste of water and baking soda in order to canker herpes and sores lesion. They will dry fast.
Homemade Recipe for Acidity
To reduce acid reflux, make an alkaline environment in your organism. Combine ¼ to ½ teaspoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. You can use apple cider vinegar instead. Use a tall glass and wait for the foam to settle and then add 230 ml of water. Then, drink the mixture. It will neutralize your pH, protect stomach acid and decrease acidosis.
More Homemade Recipes with Baking Soda
- Baking soda is closely related with cancer treatment. Dr. Mark Simoncini says diabetes, fungal infections and cancer may be treated and prevented by consuming a mixture of molasses and baking soda.
- Get rid of oral thrush by gargling a mixture of water and baking soda.
- Treat UTI by preparing a drink with 230 ml of water and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Drink it twice daily.
- Reduce the thrombosis symptoms by combining lemon juice or apple cider vinegar with baking soda.
- Get rid of Candida yeast by douching with a mixture of warm water and a teaspoon of baking soda. Then the itching will stop.
The recipes with baking soda are not recommended for children under the age of 5 or pregnant women!
Be careful while using baking soda with other prescribed medications. Consult with your doctor before starting any of these treatments.
Do not forget to dissolve baking soda before using. Never use it in powdered form!
If you are trying to avoid sodium, then don’t use baking soda because it can drain minerals and vitamins from the organism. You mustn’t use baking soda treatments longer than 2 weeks!